We have previously written the Sandy Heat Pump Buying Guide. Heat pumps are a major purchase and usually require a professional to install. Therefore this Sandy Heat Pump Maintenance Guide should help keep your heat pump running for as long as possible.
1. The Benefits of Heat Pump Maintenance
Just like your vehicle, your heat pump is a complex piece of equipment and needs regular maintenance. It helps your heat pump run at its peak efficiency and extends its lifespan. Regular maintenance involves cleaning, lubing, inspecting, and many other tasks all designed to make the most of this complex piece of machinery.
2. DIY Maintenance
You may perform a good deal of these tasks yourself such as:
- Check your air filters monthly and replace or clean when needed.
- Keep an eye on the outdoor unit and keep it clear of leaves, dirt, grass, and other debris. You may clean the coils with a proper degreaser and hose. Be sure to shut off the unit first.
- Keep an eye on the unit during the cold season to ensure snow and ice are not interfering with its operation.
- Last but not least, we highly recommend that you have your heat pump inspected and maintained by a trusted professional in your area at least once a year.
3. What Kind of Heat Pump Maintenance Should I Get?
Be sure to do your research when researching an HVAC professional in your area. Do not be fooled by fancy flyers offering “deals.” We’ve been called in after a few of these guys to find some of their maintenance is little more than a spraying of WD-40. A certified, experience technician will have advanced diagnostic equipment, as well as all the proper HVAC supplies needed for your unit. You may go with recommendations from family and friends. However, we also recommend researching these recommendations online to make sure they have other satisfied customers.
Get an idea of how maintenance for your heat pump is important by seeing how a heat pump works.
More on Sandy Heat Pump Maintenance
We do not recommend you maintain your heat pump solely on your own. This guide is for informational purposes and to help you find the right HVAC company for your home or business. Feel free to contact us if you live in the Sandy, Salt Lake City, Provo, Lehi or surrounding areas and need professional maintenance for your heat pump or other heating and cooling unit. We have the expertise to help you select the right service for your machine, as well as repair, replace it, and service it to warranty specifications.